Monday, 23 February 2009

Regarding the Covent Garden Pirate Ship

I had this whole post planned about the enormity of the dude's ears in photo number 2 in the post below and how his wife scurried to and from the bar with about 4 pints for him in the time it took me to drink one (which isn't much time at all. Especially when it's delicious Cornish Ale). But then the doorbell rang and it was a very pleasant young man collecting signatures for Something Worthwhile. I signed. When I got back to the computer I was promptly distracted by some flashing images and that was that. Thank you Chairman for setting me back on track!

Here's my question: First, look at the third photo and tell me, how is it that the festively dressed street performer was able to herd his audience into such a tidy square? Or is forming a perfect performance space for clowns a point of pride for British folk? Look at it! It's like the dude used a protractor and T-square. Fantastic.

Now, on to the first picture for a somewhat more ontological question: Notice the wee bit of the London Eye (a great glass Ferris Wheel on the banks of the river Thames, which I no longer mispronounce as thayms, thank you very much). Do you see it? Well it's there. Was someone photographing in my direction just as I was photographing in theirs? We will never know. Still. Your thoughts.

Here's something I won't comment on: the Oscars. Because if Forrest Gump and Juno can win them then they are clearly not worth winning. Oops. I commented didn't I? Nuts!

2 comments:

chris-to-a-chosen-few said...

Why is there a pirate ship in the garden? I thought I went to Covent Garden but I don't remember a pirate ship. Oh no. I don't remember plots to books. I don't remember if I've seen a movie. And now I don't remember pirate ships in gardens. Maybe I never went to Covent Garden.

chris-to-a-chosen-few said...

So, I figured out how to post comments again.