Tuesday, 29 May 2007

Christ I'm Lazy.

Or busy. Or drunk. Or hung-over...

There must be some reason this forum is turning into a twice monthly affair...

Dateline: Today

I'm still in Massachusetts, still jobless (somewhat by design as I'm leaving for England eventually) except for the occasional wood chopping in Wendell for my aunt and uncle. I think they're just humoring me by paying me to chop their wood with an ax when there's a perfectly good mechanical wood splitter sitting in their yard but, screw it, I need the money. The black flies are a nuisance but I sure do love chopping wood topless and alone in the middle of nowhere. My only company are two donkeys who bray their encouragement and gallop majestically as I labor beneath the searing Wendellian sun.

Joblessness has it's perks (it's noon and I'm writing a wandering blog post) and it's drawbacks (I like things and things cost money) but I'm enjoying it while I can as soon enough I'll find myself in England sweeping chimneys and off-loading lorries. As you do.

So, while we're here let's hop in the Get-Back Machine and have a look at how the weekend unfolded:

Friday: Already forgotten!

Saturday: My cousins were up (over? out?) from New York and we spent the day in bucolic reverie, soaking up all the green and manure-smelling wonders that the Greenfield/Wendell/Orange conurbation has to offer. Then we drank beer. That's how Saturday began to bleed into

Sunday: when, in the early morning hours I made my way to Sarah Riley's Sexy(?) Party. I wasn't sure what to expect from a sexy party but I was very glad it didn't involve anything orgiastic. I am, as you may or may not know, very happily engaged. The sun was coming up when I made my way back to mom's house (which made me feel like I was in High School again) and slept for three hours before being woken up, brought downstairs, fed and then packed away to my grandmother's. For seven hours I feigned consciousness and was finally, mercifully allowed to return home where I crashed almost literally and very much so figuratively.

Memorial day: Came and went without incident! Spent the day at a graduation party. Chris Zinn was there and covered in caterpillars. I digress. This whole post is a digression, really. Anyway, at the tail end of the day I went over to Sarah's to help get rid of the abundant keg beer left over from Saturday's party. Dan Barnes and Sarah and I practiced our stand-up comedy routines with her microphone and speaker set-up and

Now: I'm here. In front of the computer. Waiting for British immigration officials to call and berate me.

My visa situation hasn't changed a whole lot. I'm still waiting.

I'd promise to work toward making these postings more relevant but who would I be kidding? Not you. Not me, that's for sure, so I won't even bother.

Talk at you soon.

No comments: