Tuesday, 5 June 2007

Girth.

Deluges make me introspective. The rain for the past couple of days has been downright Biblical and it's given me ample time to sit at the window, elbows on the sill, chin cupped in my disturbingly soft hands and think. About me. I hear some thunder or explosions which means indoor-time ain't over yet. So here are some...

Revelations 1-7:
  1. I'm going gray at the temples and this excites me more than it should. I'm feeling the first tinges of imminent renown. It is awesome.
  2. I ran through a twenty foot long, ankle-deep puddle yesterday and my feet are still cold. This isn't so much a revelation as it is a fact about something I did yesterday. I didn't really write an outline for this post so you'll just have to take it as it comes. Sorry?
  3. I've attained a personal heft that I find ideal. Neither gargantuan nor insignificant. I can see why Orson Welles went overboard with this and decided to make himself positively whale-esque. It's tempting but I'm not Orson Welles. Yet.
  4. I don't like Amherst.
  5. I do like North Hadley.
  6. I never used to like to read. I know this because I do like reading now. A lot. It's weird, I always thought I liked to read but once I actually started enjoying reading for pleasure I realized that I never liked it much before. I can't quite wrap my head around this. It's astonishing. What if I haven't really liked anything I think I like and, furthermore, what if I begin to actually like these things? Will I be able to handle the intensity? I feel like a high school stoner who has just misunderstood quantum theory for the first time. Mind: Blown.
  7. I wish I'd studied Japanese harder... or... at all.
I'm going for sushi in six minutes so I have to wrap this up. You know how the Japanese take every innovation and make it way better to the point where you can't really feel good about using the Western alternative (think cars, computers, vending machines) well, they even make American-style sushi better than we do. If anybody goes to Tokyo, get yourself to Rainbow Roll Sushi, Azabu-Juban 1-10-3, 2F.

No comments: