Tuesday, 15 September 2009

Back from the internet bone yard

I'm hoping that the sporadicness of this blog is part of its charm. Sporadicness? Sporadicity?

Anyway. I'm resurrecting 9 Feet Tall. Now even taller!

2 comments:

Michael Perry said...

Loved by Fraggles... Sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Didja hear? There's actually a band in the US called "Forever the Sickest Kids". I'm not sure how much you keep up with society back here beyond the Kanye Kerfuffle, but
• Yes, they have facial peircings and ear lobe plugs
• Why actually they DO have ironic tattoos
• They're from Dallas
• They appear to be about 25 or so, but who can tell? The current crop of 16-25 year olds all look about the same. I know this because Joel goes to art school, and there are a lot of rich, sheltered, tattooed hipsters there.
What I really wonder, though, is why you would name your band that way? My primary concern is that they're name is too long and lumpy. Even they couldn't keep themselves from paring it down to FTSK (who puts "the" into an acronym?!?). And then there are the more practical concerns: are they REALLY the sickest? Forever seems liek a long shot. In 3 or 4 years, there could be sicker kids, and then these sick kids are just going to be proven starry eyed and optimistic. I think "Sickest Kids for Now" would have been wiser. Heck, wheres their research on this? I've seen a) 10 year old snowboarders and b) chemo/cancer kids who I would describe as MUCH sicker.
So here's my proposal, and I am sending it to them as well: Forever the Sickest Kids is a fools bet, and they havn't really acheived wide popular notice yet. Cheage whist they still can, perhaps to "The young adults are alright, for now..." or "Jaded hip cokester stereotype...for now". Or some such.
So what were we talking about? Occasional? Sure, I'm all for it.